Health warnings, proportionality and visibility
The Commission is now on record having called into question the proportionality of larger health warnings in delivering public health gains.
Note to editors:
- For more information, please contact Forest EU Director Guillaume Périgois at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +32 4 78 98 07 43.
- Forest EU is a campaign that informs smokers about the issues that affect them in the European Union and engages with stakeholders so the views of informed adult smokers and non-smokers with an interest in tobacco policy are considered within the EU’s decision-making process.
- Forest EU is supported by the Confederation of European Community Cigarette Manufacturers (CECCM) whose members are Japan Tobacco International (JTI), British American Tobacco (BAT) and Imperial Brands PLC (IMB), and by the members of the European Smoking Tobacco Association (ESTA). Our annual budget in 2018 is €165,000.
- Forest EU has an independent organizational structure and advocates for the consumer, not the tobacco industry. Forest EU accepts there are serious health risks associated with smoking tobacco and does not, through its campaigning activities, seek to promote or encourage it.
- For more information, visit http://forestonline.eu/